On an annual basis the Employee Recognition Committee reviews all of the nominations sent in for the year and selects the top 10 people who have demonstrated their dedication to the values and mission of Doane University. Five faculty and five staff are selected for the following awards:
Recipients of the Annual Awards receive the following rewards:
- Recognition by the President at the Employee Recognition Ceremony
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Appreciation gift
- Bagels or donuts for their entire department of the award recipient
- Leadership: Developing leadership skills in students and helping them realize that leadership is not dependent on a position. Collaborating with others around a shared vision and acting upon it.
- Inquiry: Encouraging students to think critically, problem solve, analyze and construct knowledge. Using critical thinking and problem solving when making decisions.
- Values: Helping students to develop reasoned ethical values. At Doane, we use our core values as a guide in decision-making.
- Engagement: Engaging students in and out of the classroom that will help prepare them to engage in the world they live and work in long after they have graduated from Doane.
Making a difference in the communities in which we live and work. This includes, but is not limited to: involvement in community service and outreach projects and creating programs, initiatives and displaying actions that positively impact students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends of the College.
This includes, but is not limited to: taking initiative by doing what you do in an exceptional way, leading by example and empowering others.
This includes, but is not limited to: displaying excellence in teaching, scholarship, service and leadership.